Selling your home can often be stressful, particularly when you are under pressure due to a lack of time or finances. You may be in a bit of a rush to sell the property. This could be because you need to relocate to start a new job or because of another change in your life. Whatever the reasons for wanting a faster sale, you will find plenty of helpful advice in our Knoxville home sellers guide.
1 - Make Sure You Are Ready to Sell
If you have decided to try for a quick sale of your property based on a strong seller’s market, you may need to stop and take a breath before committing. It can seem like too big of an opportunity to pass up when your home is suddenly worth substantially more than it once was. However, making the decision to sell your home is not something that should be based purely on the current real estate market. It is important to stop and think carefully if this is really what you want and if you are ready to sell. Some of the things you might want to consider include the following:
- Can you afford the cost of selling your home at the moment? In addition to real estate costs, you may also need to cover expenses such as repairs and renovation, home staging services, seller concessions, and tax. If you don’t have enough equity in your home, selling it now is not advisable, even if the market is hot.
- Can you afford to buy a new home? If you are selling your home because the market is favorable and you can sell at a higher price, you need to remember that it is going to work both ways! If you are selling for an elevated price, so are others in the neighborhood, so the home you will buy to move into is also going to be above the average market value canceling out any additional profit you thought selling your home right now would produce!
2 - Getting Your Home Ready to Sell Fast!
If you have carefully weighed up your options and discussed them with a local realtor, then you may be ready to commit to selling your home. Hopefully, some of the advice in our Knoxville home sellers guide is going to help you make sure your house is adequately prepared to put on the market. Consider your home a piece of merchandise. Usually, you would carefully plan the proper display to showcase that merchandise in a store, so you need to do the same thing to present your home to the market in the best possible light. Here are a few things you can do to help prepare your home for a quick sale!
- Declutter the property
- Depersonalize the space
- Rent some storage to put away excess items and furniture
- Clean every room from top to bottom
- A fresh coat of paint can give new life to any home
- Don’t forget curb appeal - tidy that yard and paint the exterior trim
- Consider renovations to increase the value of your home
- Get some great photographs taken for your real estate listing
3 - Choose The Right Real Estate Agent
If we were only allowed to share one key piece of advice in our Knoxville home sellers guide, it would be one of the most important tips. You need to choose the right real estate agent to work with if you want your home to sell quickly. It is always best to opt for a local realtor with intimate knowledge of the local area. If they are familiar with the local real estate market, they will know how best to price your home, how to market it effectively, and above all else, they know what buyers in the area are looking for! Choosing the right real estate agent can make a huge difference in how fast your property sells and how much you are going to get from the sale!
4 - Get The Listing Right
Don’t underestimate just how important it is to get your real estate listing right! There are many different elements that will make up the perfect real estate listing, and our Knoxville home sellers guide is here to help you put them all together. It all starts with writing the description of your property. This is something that your real estate agent should be helping you with, but essentially you want to produce a great description that sells your home to potential buyers. It should include all of the important information about your home and highlight any special features that you feel sets it apart from your neighbors.
At Wright Realty, we understand that selling your home is so much more than just a financial transaction. That’s why we put people first and offer a holistic approach to real estate. We are your local, hometown realtor, and we are ready to support you through the whole process of selling your home with a bit of help from our Knoxville home sellers guide.
Wright Realty is a full-service real estate concierge with a wholistic approach to buying and selling property in East Tennessee. We are your trusted advisor and keep open communication throughout your entire buying/selling process. Real Estate done "Wright" means more than just a 'transaction'.
Finding Your Property the "Wright" Way!